Protecting you against loss is important to Western General Group of Companies. Just as important to us is protecting your privacy and the personal information we use to provide you with superior products and service.
At Western General Group of Companies, our policy is to maintain appropriate confidentiality with regard to all personal information obtained in the course of doing business with you. Our pledge to protect your privacy is reflected in this Privacy Statement which outlines our principles in collecting, using and safeguarding your personal information and information about your relationship with us.
Western General Group of Companies only collects personal information about you when it is necessary to conduct the business of insurance. We limit the collection of personal information to what we reasonably believe is needed to administer your account. As a result, we collect personal information from the following sources:
- Personal information you share with us either directly or through your agent or broker, such as the information on your insurance application, requested policy change information or other forms you may complete.
- Personal information you provide or which is obtained through the process of handling a claim, including medical information, such as from an accident report.
- Personal information about you from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others such as the types of coverage you purchase.
- Personal information about you from a consumer reporting agency, such as a Motor Vehicle Report. The information in these reports may be retained by the consumer reporting agency and disclosed to others.
If you visit or use Western General Group of Companies' website, we may use "cookies" (small text files transferred from our website to your hard drive) to recognize repeat users, track usage and facilitate your access to and use of the site. We do not use "cookies" to gather personal information and we do not link cookies to identifiable information, such as your policy number. The "cookies" only enable you to use our website more easily.
Personal Information Western General Group of Companies Discloses
Western General Group of Companies does not disclose any personal information about current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose the personal information we collect as follows:
- To consumer reporting agencies for the purposes of obtaining a Motor Vehicle Report in order to determine eligibility for coverage or to process your requested transaction.
- To your insurance agent or broker to allow them to perform their normal insurance related services for you.
- To medical professionals in order to process your claim.
- To an insurance regulatory authority pursuant to an examination of our records or business practices.
- To law enforcement or other government agency as required by law or to report suspected fraud activities.
- To our actuaries to conduct studies regarding claims results provided that no individual is identified in any study or report.
- To our affiliates for processing or marketing of our insurance related products or services.
- To group policyholders for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations.
Western General Group of Companies Policies and Practices with Respect to Security of Personal Information
Western General Group of Companies maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state regulations to guard your personal information. We restrict access to personal information about you to only those employees who need that information to provide products or services to you.
Your Ability to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
If you wish to review your personal information, please write to the address below and provide your full name, address and policy number(s). To better protect you, please have your request notarized so that we can ensure the identity of the person requesting the information.
Within 30 business days we will honor your request by allowing you to see and copy your information in person or, if you prefer, provide you a copy of your information. You will not be given access to information collected or in connection with a claim, or a civil or criminal proceeding involving you. If medical information is contained in your file, we may request you to designate a medical professional to whom we will send the information.
If you believe any of our information about you is incorrect, please notify us in writing at the address below. We will review your request and, within 30 business days, let you know if our investigation has resulted in a correction of your information. If we do not believe an error exists, you may file a statement disputing the information. We will attach the statement to your file. We will send any corrections we make on your statement to any person or organization to whom we provided your information within the past two years or who may receive your information from us in the future. Please be aware that we do not control the personal information about you obtained from other third parties such as consumer reporting agencies or Departments of Motor Vehicles. You will need to contact these third parties directly to correct your personal information. We will provide you with the name and address of these third parties.
For More Information or if you have Questions
Western General Group of Companies - Attention Privacy Officer
P.O. BOX 4493
Woodland Hills, CA 91365